The new Safari 2 is the most powerful and the most versatile portable flash system available and has the shortest flash durations and the fastest recycling in its class.
It consists of a small, lightweight 600Ws flash generator and a heavy duty metal flash head.
It can be adjusted individually over a 5 stop range (full power to 1/32nd power).
The Safari 2 is unique to Lencarta and our authorised dealers. If you see apparently similar lookalike products, you will find that their specification and physical characteristics are in fact inferior.
The Safari 2 has full remote control, and the kit includes our Wavesync Commander System with the receiver. And because the new Safari 2 uses the same Wavesync Commander system that's used on our SuperFast and Atom flashes, it can be used alongside them, in the same shoots. This is the remote control and triggering system that we've now adopted as the standard, so the new Safari 2 will be compatible with our future flash heads too.
· 5 stops of power adjustment. A full 5 stops of adjustment opens the creative possibilities and allows larger apertures to be used when needed.
· Powerful modelling lamp. The 15 watt LED modelling lamp is the brightest in its class and is the equivalent of a 150-watt tungsten modelling lamp. It can be left on indefinitely if required, making it ideal for video use
· Full remote control via USB port. This allows you to set the controls on the Safari 2 using our Wavesync Commander System. as well as on the flash generator
· Uses the same remote control as our other new technology flashes. This means that you can use the Safari 2 in conjunction with our other new technology flashes (SuperFast, Atom, SmartFlash 2, ElitePro 2 and future models) and control all of them individually from the transmitter fitted to your camera hotshoe.
· Lithium battery. This provides 400 flashes at full power, much more at lower power settings.
· Overheat protection, to avoid the risk of overheating.
· Precise digital control of power displayed on the LED display panel. The digital control knob adjusts the power setting and displays it on both the control panel and on the Wavesync Commander unit.
· Slave Cell allows the Safari 2 units to be used as a slave, where the ambient light isn't excessively bright
· S1/S2 slave options, the slave cell can be set to either respond to or to ignore the first flash, allowing it to be used with hotshoe flashguns that fire a pre-flash
· Small and light.
And because the new Safari 2 uses the same Wavesync Commander system that's used on our SuperFast and Atom flashes, it can be used alongside them, in the same shoots.
The 5 stops of power adjustment allow a wide choice of aperture settings, it has extremely accurate power consistency and colour temperature consistency, and it accepts all of the vast range of light shaping tools and modifiers produced in the very popular Bowens ‘S’ fitting.
The heavy duty connecting cable is a fraction under 3m long, allowing the flash head to be raised over 3 m high if required.
And, because this kit consists of two stand-alone units, working together, you can add any number of either single or twin unit kits to expand your creative possibilities, with full remote and independent remote control of each unit.
Tough kit for tough conditions
The Safari 2 has been designed for hard work and, apart from the top of the generator unit, battery and minor parts of the flash head, is made entirely of metal.
And although it is not actually waterproof, it can be used in wet conditions with reasonable care, as this photo demonstrates. The ground was soaked with water for this shot, and the 'rain' came from a watering can.
The battery is sealed against water ingress, so it is safe to stand it on wet ground - or even in a puddle, as long as the water does not reach the battery charging point, 10cm from the base. The top of the unit and the flash head do however need to be protected against water and should be covered by a plastic bag when necessary.
What's in the box?
1 x Safari 2 Flash generator unit complete with metal flash heads and reflectors
1 x Wavesync Commander RX
1 x Wavesync Commander TX
1 x Battery charger
1 x Carry strap
1 x diffusion cover for flash head
1 x Fitted metal case
1.x carry case
The carry bags are fitted with an adjustable shoulder strap, each has a mesh compartment at each side, a larger zipped compartment at the front for accessories such as the Wavesync Commander transmitter and a small compartment for the Wavesync Commander Receiver. The cases provide weather protection as well as being ideal for photographers on the move.
There is also a loop sewn into the rear, this is perfect for fitting onto the base of a lighting stand, where it provides a useful weight.
|Recycling speed||At full power 2.5 seconds, at half power 1.57 seconds, at quarter power 0.9 seconds, at eigth power 0.6 seconds, at sixteenth power 0.46 seconds, at thirtysecond power better than 0.36 seconds|
|Guide No. (feet)||320|
|Guide No. (metres)||70.1|
|f/ with standard reflector @ 10'||f/23|
|f/ with 60 x 60cm softbox @ 10'||f/8|
|f/ with150cm softbox @ 10'||f/10|
|Flash duration at maximum power, t.1||1/1500th second. This approximates to the action stopping potential of using a shutter speed outdoors of 1/1500th second. The figure used by most sellers is based on a t.5 time, which produces a much higher figure but which is far less meaningful.|
|Flash duration at minimum power, t.1||1/600th second. This approximates to the action stopping potential of using a shutter speed outdoors of 1/600th second. The figure used by most sellers is based on a t.5 time, which produces a much higher figure but which is far less meaningful.|
|Mains/battery||Battery, 8 amp battery produces 400 full power flashes, many more at lower power settings. Can also be used whilst recharging battery|
|Standard S-fit accessory mount||Yes|
|Power adjustment range||5 stops (1/1 - 1/32nd power)|
|Power adjustment display||Digital|
|Modelling lamp power||15 W LED, equivalent to 150W tungsten bulb|
|Switchable flash ready beep||Yes|
|Switchable slave sensor||Yes|
|Can ignore pre-flash||Yes, set to S2|
|Open flash/test button||Yes|
|Length of body (cm)||Flash Generator (including battery) Height: 23cm Depth: 8.3cm Width: 17cm Heavy Duty Flash head (including reflector) Height: 22cm Length: 24.5cm|
|Remote control available||Yes, included in package|
|Umbrella socket||Yes, accepts standard 8mm umbrella|
|Length of warranty||3 Years|
|Weight (kg)||1 x Safari 2 Flash generator unit complete with metal flashead and reflector, 1 x Wavesync Commander RX, 1 x Wavesynch Commander TX, 1 x Battery charger, 1 x Carry straps, 1 x diffusion cover for flash head, 1 x Fitted metal case,1.x carry case|
|Overheat protection system||Yes|
Tags: Lencarta safari, Lencarta safari 2, Lencarta portable flash system, most powerful portable flash, professional portable flash, Lencarta portable flash kit, fashion portable flash kit, glamour portable flash kit, location flash kit, best portable flash kit, best location flash kit, wedding flash kit, professional photo flash kit, professional location lighting kit