The new Safari 2 is the most powerful and the most versatile portable flash system available, and has the shortest flash durations and the fastest recycling in its class.
It consists of a matched pair of small, lightweight 600Ws flash generators, each with its own heavy duty metal flash head.
Each can be adjusted individually over a 5 stop range (full power to 1/32nd power) which means that this is the ONLY system that has TRUE assymetric power adjustment - all systems from other manufacturers have either a fixed ratio between the two heads or have an adjustable, but limited ratio. The Safari 2 has no limits!
The Safari 2 has full remote control, and the kit includes our Wavesync Commander System with two receivers. And because the new Safari 2 uses the same Wavesync Commander system that's used on our SuperFast and Atom flashes, it can be used alongside them, in the same shoots. This is the remote control and triggering system that we've now adopted as standard, so the new Safari 2 will be compatible with our future flash heads too.
And the Safari 2 has a heavy duty, metal flash head too, fitted with the standard S-fit accessory mount, which means that there is a vast range of light shapers and other accessories available at sensible prices. Portable lighting from some other manufacturers often have flimsy plastic heads that aren't safe with beauty dishes or softboxes, and you may be tied into their proprietory accessory fitting too.
- 5 stops of power adjustment. A full 5 stops of adjustment opens the creative possibilities and allows larger apertures to be used when needed.
- Powerful modelling lamp. The 15 watt LED modelling lamp is the brightest in its class, and is the equivalent of a 150 watt tungsten modelling lamp. It can be left on if required, making it ideal for video use
- Full remote control via USB port. This allows you to set the controls on the Safari 2 using our Wavesync Commander System. as well as on the flash generator
- Uses the same remote control as our other new technology flashes. This means that you can use the Safari 2 in conjuction with our other new technology flashes (SuperFast, Atom, SmartFlash 2, ElitePro 2 and future models) and control all of them individually from the transmitter fitted to your camera hotshoe.
- Overheat protection, to avoid the risk of overheating.
- Lithium battery. This provides 400 flashes at full power, many more at lower power settings.
- Precise digital control of power, displayed on the LED display panel. The digital control knob adjusts the power setting and displays it on both the control panel and on the Wavesync Commander unit.
- Slave Cell allows either one or both units to be used as slaves, where the ambient light isn't excessively bright
- S1/S2 slave options, the slave cell can be set to either respond to or to ignore the first flash, allowing it to be used with hotshoe flashguns that fire a pre-flash, and can also be switched off.
- Small and light.
- Can be used with a Hypersync trigger if required. Hypesync triggers allow faster than normal shutter speeds to be used.
- When used with the Yongnuo YN-622 C or YN-622 N triggers, our Wavesync Commander unit can be plugged into the YN-622 hotshoe, allowing both hypersync and full remote control.
Its 5 stops of power adjustment allows a wide choice of aperture settings, it has extremely accurate power consistency and colour temperature consistency, and it accepts all of the vast range of light shaping tools and modifiers produced in the very popular Bowens ‘S’ fitting.
Check out this article in Advanced Photographer (3 pages)