Atom Portable Flash
The Atom range gives you excellent manual control of flash settings in a small, lightweight package. It features intuitive controls, rotating head with 90o tilt , and removeable reflector. It has a 7-stops of variable output from 1/128th to 1/1 power in 1/3-stop increments. There are various different flash modes (Manual, S1 and S2 Slave Triggering, RPT Stroboscopic Flash) and comes complete with an off-camera adapter base.
But the really special things about the Atom system are the wide range of light control accessories available which make it every bit as versatile as a studio flash system, and the accessories are compatible with the Quantum Qflash TRIO and 5dR flash units.
Other important features include a large LCD display, simplified controls, a separate ON/OFF button, rotating head with vertical adjustments up to 90°, MF-Assist Beam, Audio Ready function and built-in overheating protection circuitry. Built-in PC sync and 3.5mm sockets also allow any battery powered flash trigger to be used.
- The Atom Portable Flash System combines power, portability and performance in a tiny package.
- Use the Atom in any situation where you need the speed and portabability of an ordinary hotshoe flashgun but with real power - enough to overwhelm the sun.
- Massive battery life
- Need a fully functioning remote control with a massive range? Just add our Wavesync Commander system.
- Need ultra fast recycling at low power settings, allowing any camera to be used in continuous bursts? The Atom has it. And, if you add an Atom Power Doubler, the recycling times are halved!
- Need to use it inside a softbox? The Atom has a removable reflector, allowing it to be used 'barebulb', unlike hotshoe flashguns, the light distribution within the softbox will be just as good as a studio flash
- Need to use a range of creative light shaping tools, just like studio flash? Again, the Atom has it.
- Full manual control. Most photographers who use their flash off camera prefer manual control.
- Five different flash modes (Manual, S1 and S2 Slave Triggering, RPT Stroboscopic Flash, and Hi-Speed Synch Triggering).
- Can be used with a Hypersync trigger if required, when set at full power. Hypesync triggers allow faster than normal shutter speeds to be used.
- When used with the Yongnuo YN-622 C or YN-622 N triggers, our Wavesync Commander unit can be plugged into the YN-622 hotshoe, allowing both hypersync and full remote control.
- Need to use it with S-fit softboxes, beauty dishes etc? Just add our S-fit adapter
The Atom range includes the various dedicated accessories shown below. This keeps bulk to a minimum, and it's good to know that the full range of Lencarta (and 3rd party brands) of accessories can be used too, simply by fitting the Atom flashgun to one of our S-ft adapters, or, if you wish to use Elinchrom or another make of light shaping accessory, by fitting it to the appropriate adapter. The Atom is the only flashgun design that will work just as well with tools such as beauty dishes, softboxes and spotlights as a conventional studio flash, because it can be used in bare bulb mode, so the light quality is not spoiled by the built in reflector that ordinary flashguns have.
The Atom is available in two models, the Atom 180 and Atom 360. All of the accessories fit both models. If even more power is needed, then the best choice is the Safari 2 portable flash system.
Pricing, options and warranty:
Each model is available in a choice of flash head only, or complete kit. Our kits, which are much cheaper than those of our competitors, include everything needed to use them straight out of the box, with no extras needed. Like all other Lencarta products, the Atom comes with a 3 year no-quibble warranty that covers everything except batteries and bulbs.
Please see what Advanced Photographer says about the Atom, in one of their Lighting MasterClass articles
This photo (by kind permission of Kingsley Singleton, Advanced Photographer magazine), shows the Atom being used in strobe mode, with several flashes captured in a single exposure.
This feature is available on both the 180 and 360 models.