QuadLite Continuous Lighting
The QuadLite is ideal for high quality video as well as for still photography
- This adjustable Power light incorporates 4x105W Photographic spiral fluorescent lights, cool running amd completely silent, and with an absolutely consistent colour temperature of 5,500K, which matches typical daylight as well as flash. Power can be reduced by 50% if required, allowing full control of the brightness. Although, at full power, the QuadLite only consumes 420 watts, the output is equivalent to 2,100 watts of ordinary tungsten lighting, making the QuadLite the most powerful continuous light of its type.
- The Colour Rendition Index of 90 guarantees that all colours are reproduced accurately.
- A big advantage of using continuous lights for photography is that it allows large apertures to be used when required and, because there is no flash to recharge, it also allows constant shooting.
- Continuous lighting is essential for all types of video production and the QuadLite is ideal because of its extremely high power, which is more than enough to allow video to be used without increasing the ISO, which reduces image quality.
- The QuadLite is also perfect for video because the lamps have a special coating that produces perfectly flicker free light.
- The QuadLite can also be used for small product photography in conjunction with light cubes, product shooting tables etc. Continuous lighting is also very popular with portrait photographers because of its 'what you see is what you get' quality and because it allows constant shooting with no recharge delays. Most continuous lighting products can only produce harsh light, but this new product completely overcomes this problem by incorporating the lights into an efficient, medium sized softbox.
- The QuadLite produces the equivalent of over 2100 watts of tungsten lighting. This means that there is enough light, at a distance of 1 metre and with 800 ISO, to give a typical full power exposure of 1/60th second at f/13 (or 1/800th at f/4), and a typical minimum power exposure of 1/30th second at f/4.
- The softbox is fitted with a diffuser, which can be removed if required, giving an effect similar to that of a Beauty Dish. If required, the softbox can be removed and can be replaced with an umbrella (not included).
- Supplied complete with lamps
- The stand shown in the photos is NOT included. We recommend our air damped stand,which is ideal.
These lamps are several times as powerful as similar lights that cost far more, and a combination of high performance and low price means that the Lencarta Quadlite is by far the best available, and it won the "Best in Test" when tested against all other continuous lights by Advanced Photographer.
Please see our 'spares' page for replacement lamps
Please click on our "download" tab to see the QuadLite in use ( QuadLite article) and to see the independent test comparison with other makes of lighting (Continuous lights compared).
Please note that the 360 photo shows the Quadlite both with and without the softbox fitted, the softbox is included.