Lencarta SuperFast Pro 400Ws
- Product Code: FLA020
- Availability: Pre-Order
- Ex Tax: £378.33
The Slave Cell
The SuperFast Pro has a built in slave cell, located at the rear top, where it reacts to a flash from any other flash head or flashgun, and fires the flash if required.
The Slave Cell can be set to either S1 or S2, or can be switched off if required.
When set to S1, the flash will fire in response to every flash that it sees
When set to S2, the flash will ignore a pre-flash, which typically occurs when using a built in camera flashgun or a hotshoe flashgun that fires a pre-flash, for example when the flashgun is using an intelligent metering system.
The SuperFast Pro has a built in 2.4G Receiver. This accepts commands from our Wavesync 2.4 Transmitter (optional extra). This combination provides both flash triggering and full remote control.
The Flash Head also has a USB port that allows backwards compatibility with our other flash head and has a standard sync socket, for use with 3rd party flash receivers.
The Flash Tube
The Flash Tube has an expected lifespan of 100,000 flashes and replacements simply plug in. There is no need to return the unit to us for a replacement flash tube.
The flash tube is protected by a safety dome.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
If you decide you want to return your product, we have your back. All we ask is that you contact us first, and return the item back to us in the condition that you received it.
We ask that you contact us first so we can provide you with an RMA number. This allows us to process your return much quicker.
The SuperFast Pro 400Ws IGBT/HSS High Speed Action Freezing Studio Flash Head
Combining IGBT technology in a HSS head, unlock ultra fast recycling speeds to freeze any action with the SuperFast Pro
This is the SuperFast Pro! It's an amalgamation of the benefits of the SuperFast and the ElitePro 2. This fantastic new head comes with some great features including: a built in 2.4GHz receiver; outstanding output stability and colour temperature consistency; insanely fast recycling times (even when used at full power) and much more!
Who is this flash head perfect for?
All studio and event photographers, including: Fashion, dance and sports photographers who need to get pin-sharp photos of very fast moving subjects. Creative portrait, artistic glamour photographers. Still Life Photographers and Product Photographers to name a few.
The Main Features
- ULTRA-FAST RECYCLING SPEEDS: The Lencarta SuperFast Pro can deliver 400Ws of power with recycling speeds between 416th of a second to 35,000th of a second between maximum and minimum power. Allowing you to freeze any action for a perfectly crisp and sharp image
- CROSS-BRAND COMPATIBILITY: With the built in 2.4GHz receiver, the SuperFast Pro can not only be triggered without the need for external receivers, but works off of the Godox 2.4GHz RF Radio System, making it fully compatible with the current generation of Godox Products such as the AD600, AD200 and AD360II as well as over brands that use the Godox radio system such as Pixapro and Flashpoint
- HIGH SPEED SYNC ENABLED: Easily unlock High Speed Sync (HSS) with the SuperFast Pro and freeze any action with ease thanks to the precise digital control giving you total command of rthe flash, giving you the power to the take that perfect shot. You can even command the HSS to 1/8000th of a second using a High Speed Sync enabled trigger such as the Godox X1T or XPro triggers
- IGBT TECHNOLOGY MAKING RECYCLING EVEN FASTER: The Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor Technology works in the same way with the SuperFast Pro as you may be familiar with as with hotshoe flashes. This means that flash duration becomes progressively shorter when power is reduced - the opposite of what normally happens with conventional studio flash heads!
- SPECIALISED SHOOTING MODES: Use specialised functions such as Multi (Stroboscopic) Mode, HSS, Speed Mode, Colour Mode, Rear Curtain Sync or advanced modelling lamp settings to give you the ultimate freedom to get the perfect shot, no matter what you``re photographing
More Of An Overview
This revolutionary new flash head comes with every feature you will ever need, making it future-proof for your photography. Whether you like to take pictures of your family on a weekend, or you're a top level professional fashion photographer, this is the flash head that can do everything! The SuperFast Pro can be set to many different modes, including: Manual; Stroboscopic; HSS; Speed; Timer; Rear Curtain Sync; and Colour Consistency. Whatever type of photography you want to do, the SuperFast Pro will do it with you, perfectly and effortlessly, leaving you to concentrate on your subject, with no technicalities to worry about.
In short, the SuperFast Pro can do everything, and it outperforms even the most expensive, premium-brand flash heads.
The rear control panel has full digital control, and has both simple buttons and a menu system. In most operating modes It's just as simple to use as ordinary flash heads, and when specialised functions such as Multi mode, HSS, Speed mode, Colour mode, Rear Curtain Sync or advanced modelling lamp settings are needed, these are accessed via a menu.
Multi Mode allows you to use the flash head in stroboscopic mode, for when creating images that need multiple images taken very close together on the same frame. This allows you to set the flash head``s power between 1/8th - 1/128th power in 1/3rd stop increments. A single press of the Set Dial allows you to adjust the delay (Hertz) between each flash. A second press of the Set Dial allows you to adjust how many flashes are produced. Multi mode can only be used in conjunction with function settings F2 and F4.
More Amazing Features
- 7 Stops of Power Adjustment: Going from full power to 1/128th power, a full 7 stops of adjustment opens the creative possibilities and allows larger apertures to be used when needed.
- High Power: When fitted with our standard reflector, the 400Ws of power produces a guide number of 323 (ft) / 98.48 (m). When set to minimum power, the guide number is reduced to 3.124 (ft) allowing even the largest apertures to be used.
- IGBT Technology: Insulated-gate bipolar transistor technology works in the same way with this new flash head as with hotshoe flashes, which means that the flash duration becomes progressively shorter when the power is reduced, this is the opposite of what happens with conventional flash heads.
- Ultra Fast Recycling: Even at full power, the recycling speed is an incredible 0.61 second, and at minimum power this reduces to 1/20th second, allowing any camera to be used in continuous fire mode.
- A Built-in 2.4GHz Receiver: This allows you to use the head remotely without any extra plug-in receivers!
- Compatible with all other flashes: Can be used with all other flash heads and with all flashguns. Some flashguns can be used with the same, state of the art triggering/remote control system.
- USB and 6.2mm Sync Port: This allows you to use our previous generation Wavesync Commander or any 3rd party triggers.
- S1/S2 Slave Options: The slave cell can be set to either respond to, or to ignore the first flash, allowing it to be used with hotshoe flashguns that fire a pre-flash. The slave cell can also be switched off so that it doesn't flash in response to other flashes.
- Fan Cooled: An internal cooling fan prevents the risk of overheating. But just in case, there are also overheat protection systems integrated for extra peace of mind.
- Precise Digital Control: Every feature of the SuperFast Pro can be adjusted from the control panel, to give you total command of the flash, which gives you the power to take your perfect shot. Most features can also be adjusted using the Wavesync Commander 2.4GHz and the Wacesync 2.4GHz Mach triggers.
- 150W Halostar Modelling Lamp: The modelling lamp is fully adjustable from the control panel in 5% increments.
- High Speed Sync Enabled: This flash head is geared up to allow HSS, when using our new Wavesync 2.4G Mach Trigger.
- Digitally Displayed t.1 Times: The flash durations are displayed in real time on the LCD display when in Manual Mode.
|Test||The Test Button allows you to fire the flash directly from the Control Panel.|
|Lamp||The Lamp Button allows you to adjust the modelling lamp. A single press will turn on the modelling lamp. A second press will allow you to adjust the intensity of the modelling lamp in 5% increments. A long press will turn the modelling lamp off. The modelling lamp can also be set to dim automatically when the flash fires, or it can be set not to dim.|
|Beep||The Beep Button controls the sound indicator. When enabled the flash head will beep when it is ready to fire again. When enabled, a visual indicator is displayed on the LCD screen.|
|S1/S2||The S1/S2 Button controls the slave cell. A single press will enable S1, which activates the slave sell so that the flash head will fire whenever it sees another flash. A second press will enable S2, which activates the slave cell so that the flash head will fire when it sees every other flash - this is for use with hotshoe flashguns which use a pre-flash. A third press will disable the slave cell. When enabled a visual indicator is displayed on the LCD screen.|
|Mode||The Mode Button changes the flash head between 3 main modes: Manual(M); Stroboscopic (Multi); and High Speed Sync (HSS). Each mode has a visual indicator which is displayed on the LCD screen.|
|GR/CH||The GR/CH Button adjusts the group and channel of the internal 2.4GHz receiver. A single press will enable you to adjust the Group. A long press will enable you to adjust the Channel.|
|C.Fn||The C.Fn Button allows you to change the function settings of the flash head. A single press will turn the internal 2.4GHz receiver on/off. A long press will take you to the settings menu, where you can change the 4 function settings: Speed/Colour Mode (F1); Timer Function (F2); Mask Function (F3); Modelling Lamp Function (F4).|
|Set Dial||The Set Dial allows you to the change the power of the flash head as well as the settings activated by the buttons shown above. The Set Dial can also be pushed as a button, which acts as a next/ok button.|
|On/Off Switch||The On/Off Switch turn the flash head on/off.|
|Manual Mode ||Manual Mode allows you to set the flash head's power between 1/1 - 1/128th power in 1/10th stop increments. While in manual mode the t.01 time (flash duration) is also displayed on the LCD panel. Manual mode can be used in conjunction with any of the function settings.|
|Multi Mode (Stroboscopic) || |
Multi mode allows you to use the flash head in stroboscopic mode, for when creating images that need multiple images taken very close together on the same frame, as illustrated below . This allows you to set the flash head's power between 1/8th - 1/128th power in 1/3rd stop increments. A single press of the Set Dial allows you to adjust the delay (Hertz) between each flash. A second press of the Set Dial allows you to adjust how many flashes are produced. Multi mode can only be used in conjunction with function settings F2 and F4.
|High Speed Sync Mode ||HSS Mode enabled the use of High Speed Sync, which allows your camera to be set to literally any shutter speed if required, this feature is essential when shooting in bright lighting conditions, e.g. sunlight. HSS allows you to set the flash head's power between 1/1 - 1/16th power in 1/3rd stop increments. While in HSS Mode no other technical data is displayed on the LCD screen. HSS Mode can only be used in conjunction with function settings F3 and F4. In order to use HSS you need our Wavesync 2.4G Mach trigger (available separately). The standard Wavesync Commander 2.4GHz will not allow the use of HSS.|
The Function Settings
|Speed/Colour Mode (F1)||The F1 settings allow you to change between Speed Mode and Colour Consistency Mode. Speed mode produces much shorter flash durations (1/35,086th second). This approximates to the action stopping potential of using a shutter speed outdoors of 1/35,086th second and is more than 4x better at freezing action than nearly any pro DSLR camera. There is some shift in colour temperature as the flash duration changes, and at its lowest power setting the colour temperature cools to 9000K . When used in colour mode, the colour temperature remains constant at around 5600K, but the flash duration is greater, with a minimum flash duration of 1/4,983th second. Typically, 1/3,000th second is enough to freeze nearly all action, so you can use your SuperFast Pro in Colour mode to freeze almost all action, with the option of switching to Speed Mode for those rare subjects (for example splashing liquids) that need even greater speed performance.|
|Timer Function (F2)||The F2 setting allows you set a timer on the flash. The timer can be adjusted between from 0.01 seconds - 30 seconds in 0.01 second increments. This allows you to take long exposure shots with a flash at the end, (known as rear curtain sync). If you want to take a long exposure shot with a flash at the beginning, set the timer to 'OFF'.|
|Mask Function (F3)||The F3 settings allow you to set the mask feature, which provides an alternative and more detailed means of controlling the attributes of the slave cell. The Mask can be set to either 'OFF', 'N1' or 'N2'. If you trigger the flash head twice while Mask is set to N1, the flash head will only fire the first time and not the second. If you trigger the flash head twice while Mask is set to N2, the flash head will only first the second time and not the first.|
|Modelling Lamp Function (F4)||The F4 settings allows you to set the function of the modelling lamp. This can be set to either 'On' or 'Off'. When set to 'Off', the modelling lamp will dim when the flash is fired and then turn back on when the head is ready to fire again. This gives you a visual indication of when the head is ready to fire again. When set to 'On', the modelling lamp will remain on throughout the flash cycle, which can be an advantage in some shooting situations.|
|Guide No. (feet)||323|
|Guide No. (metres)||98.48|
|f/ with standard reflector @ 10'||f/32.3|
|Colour temperature at minimum power||In Colour Mode - 5744 K In Speed Mode - 8823 K|
|Colour temperature at full power||In Colour Mode - 5595 K In Speed Mode - 5579 K|
|Flash duration at maximum power, t.1||1/416th second|
|Colour temperature consistency||Variation between flashes is too small to measure.|
|Flash duration at minimum power, t.1||1/35,086th second. This approximates to the action stopping potential of using a shutter speed outdoors of 1/35086th second. The figure used by most sellers is based on a t.5 time, which produces a much higher figure but which is far less meaningful.|
|Mains/battery||Mains, can also be used with any 3rd party battery system|
|Standard S-fit accessory mount||Yes|
|Modelling lamp power||150 Watt|
|Modelling lamp dims during recycling||Yes, can also be set not to dim if required, can also be switched off|
|Switchable flash ready beep||Yes|
|Open flash/test button||Yes|
|Length of body (cm)||41cm (with protective head cap fitted)|
|Remote control available||Yes, and has built in radio receiver. Transmitter included free|
|Umbrella socket||Yes, at top of flash head.Accepts standard 8mm umbrella|
|Godox Witstro / Lencarta Atom|
|Maximum power||400 W/s|
|Power adjustment range||7 stops (full power > 1/128th power)|
|Recycling speed||0.61 second at full power0.05 second at minimum power|
|Switchable slave sensor||Yes, can also be set to S1/S2 modes, and further options are available via the menu system|
|Power adjustment display||Digital|
|Overheat protection system||Yes|
|Can ignore Pre-Flash||Yes, set to S.2|
|Length of warranty||3 years|
|Box contents||1 x SuperFast Pro 400 flash head 1 x 150W modelling lamp 1 x Mains cable 1 x Sync cable 2 x Spare fuses 1 x Protective Head cap|