Lencarta SmartFlash 4
- Product Code: FLA035
- Availability: Pre-Order
- Ex Tax: £107.50
- Minimum Power 9Ws
- Maximum Power: 300Ws
- Adjustment range: 5 stops (full power to 1/32nd power)
- Guide No. 160 (ft) @100 ISO
- Modelling lamp: 150W Halostar
- Modelling lamp adjustment: Infinite, from off to full power and anywhere between
- Modelling lamp dims whilst recycling
- Sync socket: Traditional sync socket for use with any radio trigger or PC cable, if required
- USB socket: For use with remote control/radio trigger
- Slave cell: Switchable on/off, located at top rear of unit
- Accessory fitting: Standard S fit
- Stand fitting: Standard 16mm / 5/8th inch fitting
- Power adjustment: Via control knob or Wavesync Commander remote control
- Modelling lamp adjustment: Via control panel
- Modelling lamp on/off: Via button or remote control
- Slave cell: Via button or remote control
- Open flash/test: Via button or remote control
- Cooling: built in fan
- Overheat protection in case of fan failure: Yes
- Tilt adjustment: Adjustable locking lever
- Umbrella fitting: Standard 8mm, with locking fitting
Setting 1 = 5090K
Setting 2 = 4915K
Setting 3 = 4915K
Setting 4 = 5000K
Therefore, total possible variation from different flash heads set to different power levels cannot exceed 4000 K,which is insignificant.
Variation between flashes at any given power setting is too small to measure.
Power adjustment is in 1/10th stop increments, and can be adjusted both by means of the adjustment dial and via the Wavesync Commander.
Please note that the Wavesync Commanderis supplied separately.
The SmartFlash 4 has a built in slave cell, located at the rear top, where it reacts to a flash from any other flash head or flashgun, and fires the flash if required.
The Slave Cell can be set to either S1 or S2, or can be switched off if required.
When set to S1, the flash will fire in response to every flash that it sees
When set to S2, the flash will ignore a pre-flash, which typically occurs when using a built in camera flashgun or a hotshoe flashgun that fires a pre-flash, for example when the flashgun is using an intelligent metering system.
The Flash Tube has an expected lifespan of 100,000 flashes and replacements simply plug in, there is no need to return the unit to us for a replacement flash tube.
The SmartFlash 4 accepts a standard Edison Screw (E27) replacement modelling lamp, and its 150 watts of power is ideal for all types of studio photography.
The Swivel/Tilt adjustment is simple and positive, and allows the head to be fully tilted.
The SmartFlash 4 accepts all S-fit accessories and light shapers, and the accessory release is made from steel, it is located at the side of the flash head.
The Stand mount accepts the standard 16mm / 5/8" fitting, used by all lighting stands.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
If you decide you want to return your product, we have your back. All we ask is that you contact us first, and return the item back to us in the condition that you received it.
We ask that you contact us first so we can provide you with an RMA number. This allows us to process your return much quicker.
The SmartFlash 4 Studio Flash Head
Small, Light, Crammed With Technology
The Lencarta 300Ws SmartFlash 4 Studio Flash Head
The newly designed Lencarta SmartFlash 4 is the perfect addition to any studio of any size. Thanks to it's lightweight size the SmartFlash 4 can easily be packed away when not in use making it ideal for photographers starting out in flash as well as seasoned veterans.
With 300Ws of power, the SmartFlash 4 is ideal for studio photography, and with the S-fit bayonet mount you can use the majority of light shapers out there on the market. The SmartFlash 4 flash head strobe has been designed to be the ultimate affordable studio workhorse, capable of many different types of photography - ideal for portraits, product photography and more.
Just starting in studio or flash photography? We have designed some set kits that are ideal for portrait and family photography, product photography, creative photography, and more. Find out more by clicking here
The Power Settings
With 5 stops of power adjustment, the SmartFlash 4 can be set to the perfect power for your shoot. Simply turn the dial on the back of the flash head to the power you need. The SmartFlash 4 can be adjusted from 1/32nd power (minimum) to 1/1 power (maximum).
- 1/1 - 300Ws
- 1/2 - 150Ws
- 1/4 - 75Ws
- 1/8 - 37.5Ws
- 1/16 - 18.75Ws
- 1/32 - 9.375Ws
The power can be adjusted in 1/10th stop increments and can be adjusted both by means of the adjustment dial and via the Wavesync Commander.
Who Is This Perfect For?
- Home studio photographers, who need an economical studio lighting solution that``s also very versatile.
- Event Photographers, who need a capable, economical, rugged flash head.
- Creative portrait, artistic glamour photographers
- Still Life Photographers
- Product Photographers
Who Is This Not As Perfect For?
- Fashion, dance and sports photographers who need to get pin-sharp photos of very fast moving subjects - Please choose a kit from our Action Freezing Kits Range or take a look at our SuperFast Pro
- Location photographers who need battery powered flashes. Please choose a flash head from our Location Flash Range instead
The Main Features Of The Lencarta SmartFlash 4
- 5 Stops Of Power Adjustment - (full power - 1/32nd power). A full 5 stops of adjustment opens the creative possibilities and allows larger apertures to be used when needed
- Full Remote Control With its built in 2.4GHz Receiver, you can control the settings from your camera using the Lencarta Wacesync 2.4GHz Commander or a Godox 2.4GHz trigger.
- Compatible with All Other Flashes - This means that you can use the SmartFlash 4 in conjunction with all the other flash heads we offer, such as the SuperFast Pro, and the complete portable Godox Witstro AD Range and control all of them individually from the transmitter fitted to your camera hotshoe.
- 3.5mm Sync Port and USB Port - These ports allow you to use any 3rd party triggers or the previous generation of the Wavesync Commander.
- S1/S2 Slave Options - The slave cell can be set to either respond to or to ignore the first flash, allowing it to be used with hotshoe flashguns that fire a pre-flash. The slave cell can also be switched off so that it doesn't flash in response to other people's flashes.
- Fan cooled - An internal cooling fan prevents the risk of overheating. But just in case, there are also overheat protection systems integrated for extra peace of mind.
- Precise Digital Control - displayed on the LCD display panel. The digital control knob adjusts the power setting and displays it on the LCD control panel.
- Modelling Lamp Options Pressing the modelling lamp button with change what mode it is in. Switch between off, proportional or set the power manually
- 150W Halostar Modelling Lamp - The SmartFlash 4 is supplied with a 150W modelling lamp. The power of the modelling lamp is fully adjustable. The modelling lamp also dims while recycling, so you'll have a visual confirmation that it's ready to fire again even if you've switched off the ready beep.
- Small and light - With the head cap fitted, the SmartFlash 4 is just 35cm long, 13.2cm diameter, and weighs in at just 1.56kg.
- Modelling Lamp Options - Holding the modelling lamp button for 3 seconds will allow you to change between F1 and F2. F1 causes the modelling lamp to turn off after 30 minutes. F2 causes the modelling lamp to turn off after 120 minutes.
What's In The Box?
- 1x SmartFlash 4
- 1x Protective Head Cap
- 1x Mains Power Lead (Either UK or EU dependent on location)
- 1x PC Sync Cable (used to directly connect the flash head to your camera)
- 1x 150W Modelling Lamp
- 2x Spare fuses
The Three Year Warranty
We love to give our customers piece of mind. That's why we offer three year warranty on all of our Studio Lighting Kits and Lencarta Flash Heads
Here at Lencarta we have our own in-house repair facility, operated by our factory-trained electronic engineers. Because of this, our warranty is unlike most others, fully comprehensive with no strings attached. We will even continue to provide repairs outside of warranty, this even stands for discontinued stock
Read More About The Warranty Here: Please Click Here
Please feel free to ring our customer support helpline on +44 1274 955440 for advice, we're here to help.
|Guide No. (feet)||318|
|Guide No. (metres)||97|
|f/ with standard reflector @ 10'||f/31.8|
|f/ with 60 x 60cm softbox @ 10'||f/16.2|
|f/ with150cm softbox @ 10'||f/11.8|
|Colour temperature at minimum power||4755K|
|Colour temperature at full power||5090K|
|Flash duration at maximum power, t.1||1/900th second. This approximates to the action stopping potential of using a shutter speed outdoors of 1/900th second. The figure used by most sellers is based on a t.5 time, which produces a much higher figure but which is far less meaningful.|
|Colour temperature consistency||Variation between flashes is not more than 40K|
|Flash duration at minimum power, t.1||1/400th second. This approximates to the action stopping potential of using a shutter speed outdoors of 1/400th second. The figure used by most sellers is based on a t.5 time, which produces a much higher figure but which is far less meaningful.|
|Mains/battery||Mains, can also be used with any 3rd party battery system|
|Standard S-fit accessory mount||Yes|
|Modelling lamp power||150 Watts|
|Modelling lamp dims during recycling||Yes|
|Switchable flash ready beep||Yes|
|Open flash/test button||Yes|
|Length of body (cm)||30|
|Remote control available||Yes|
|Umbrella socket||Yes, at base of unit.Accepts standard 8mm umbrella|
|Godox Witstro / Lencarta Atom|
|Power adjustment range||5 stops|
|Recycling speed||1.2 sec at full power0.3 sec at minimum power|
|Switchable slave sensor||Yes|
|Power adjustment display||Digital|
|Overheat protection system||Yes|
|Can ignore Pre-Flash||Yes, set to S2|
|Length of warranty||3 Years|
|Box contents||1 x SmartFlash 3 Flash Head 1 x 150W Modelling Lamp1 x Mains Cable1 x Sync Cable2 x Spare Fuses1 x Protective Head Cap|